Cowboy Church is a place...
|Pastor Paul Arends enjoying God|
- to worship God and His Son, Jesus Christ (this is a Christian outfit)
- to understand and apply the timeless truths of the Bible
- to meet new friends over a cup of coffee or a coke
- to come as you are and be loved and accepted (even if you smell like you were mucking the stables)
- where the music has a country edge and touches your spirit
- where life with God is as real and good as it gets!
Why Cowboy Church?
The days we live in are increasingly impersonal, high-tech, immoral and dysfunctional. People are looking for those old tried-and-true values that built a nation that we call “the land of the free and the home of the brave.” The uniquely historical image of the American cowboy embodies in modern minds what we are missing in today’s society: honesty, hard work, sacrifice, being true to your word, faithfulness, being tough in rough circumstances, being protective of the weak, resourcefulness, contentment, reverence, respectfulness, love for land and animal, independence and interdependence, and deep spirituality. While the cowboy has in some ways become a larger-than-life legend, there are many who identify in their hearts with this icon of the West and feel deeply connected to the Western lifestyle.